top of page

Hong Kong Marriage Registration Procedures

Sign a Notice of Intended Marriage (Notice) in Hong Kong

  • Need to sign the Notice at law firm 1-3 months before the wedding


Couple in Love

Give a Notice of Intended Marriage (Notice) in Hong Kong

Complete the first 3 steps below 1-3 months before the wedding:


1. Marrying parties submit the following documents to our law firm:

      * A Hong Kong Identity Card holder must present their Hong Kong Identity Card.
      *The travel documents submitted must be consistent with the travel document used to enter Hong Kong for marriage.


2. After collecting all the required documents, we will fill in the Notice for the marrying parties.


​3. The marrying parties (one or both parties) make an appointment to bring the original documents to our law firm and sign the Notice and statutory declaration related to the marriage application (Address: Office B, 1/F, Xiu Hua Commercial Building, 211-213 Jaffe Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong).


4. We will submit the documents and $305 government fee to the Hong Kong Marriage Registry.


Receive a Certificate of Registrar of Marriages (RC) 


7. We will receive the Certificate of Registrar of Marriages (RC) from the Marriage Registry and prepare the Marriage Certificate for you.


8. Check the draft Marriage Certificate prepared by our law firm to confirm that the content is correct.


Wedding ceremony and collection of Marriage Certificate

10. The marrying parties and the two witnesses should arrive at the venue on time on the wedding day. After our civil celebrant of marriages has solemnized the ceremony, the couple can collect the marriage certificate on the spot.

Need a Civil Celebrant of Marriages?

We can help you. Start here!

Thanks for submitting!
bottom of page